Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Foundation


will review these 4 Foundations that I use daily. I like to mix my routine here and there. Lets get started :D

1. Liquid - GOSH - X-ceptional wear liquid foundation

This foundation comes in very simple looking packaging. The bottle contains 35 ml/1.2 fl.oz and costs just $15.99. It is available in Shoppers Drug Mart and I assume in any other Drugstores. The coverage of this foundation is 4/5 the reason being after 5 hrs of wear I notice that my skin becomes a little dull so I touch it up with a little of powder or moisturizer. This definitely covers up my dark spots without me using under eye powder, and it also hides my blemishes which is why I love using this when ever I have a really bad skin day or week lol. I have the Sand color because my skin is in between tan and fairish. But the reason why I use this foundation is because its very light on my skin specially in the summer season it feels as if I have no foundation on. Would I recommend this to anyone... YES!!! I would definitely recommend you try it if you are looking for a good full coverage foundation specially for the price it goes for.

2. Revlon Colorstay Foundation

HM... This foundation is a mix for me, I like it sometimes and I hate it sometimes. I have a combination skin, and my T zone area which is my forehead and my nose are very oily, so I though if i buy this I'll use it on my T zone area and apply my CC cream on the rest of my face. It says its good for oily skin but it wasn't true. When I apply it on I feel like after 3 or 4 hours my forehead is filled with oil which is soo yucky and my nose is very shinny. I do love the coverage on the rest of my face but the label isn't correct when it says it lasts for 24 hrs at least for me. After 8 hrs of wear I see my face looking so pale and I HATE THAT!!! this foundation is defiantly affordable but its not the type for my skin. I only use this when I go out for a short period of time so the paleness doesn't show. Now for the coverage this is a full coverage foundation and you can build it up as you go, a little bit of it makes all your face covered but the acne will definitely hide but it will be noticeable. The other con about this foundation is the packaging, its very hard to get the foundation out without making a mess, I wish it was a pump for easier application. As you can see I haven't used much of it either but I judge my foundations based on how they make me feel after 3 days so this one was in between so I'll keep using it and search some tips and tricks on it, because I really love the color I got for my skin it matches me perfectly but the coverage and the oiliness of it makes me want to never apply it on.

3. SMASHBOX CAMERA READY CC CREAM BROAD SPECTRUM SPF 30 DARK SPOT CORRECTING

I LOVEEEE THIS PRODUCT!! I wasn't really a fan of BB creams and CC creams until I discovered this CC Cream. It does everything I want. Its has SPF 30 and specially when summer is here this is the perfect for coverage and production. when I apply this on I use my Beauty Blender just because I like the look it gives. This stay on all day nd I doesn't look like I have a pale face after 5 hrs of wear. I don't have much of an acne face but I do have dark spots like freckles almost under my eyes and on my cheeks and when I have this on I cant notice them at all. If you like full coverage almost to cover everything this product might not be the best for you. I love that this CC actually makes me feel and look a lot alive and awake. Overall this product is amazing if you like to look natural but flawless with natural like coverage. On and I almost forgot the texture of this foundation is somewhat thick but it blends in quickly.

4. Liquid - Rimmel - Stay Matte Liquid Mousse Foundation


 I just bought this recently and to be frankly honest it isn't my favorite foundation ever. The color is not very natural, and is too light for my skin. I feel like I'm wearing a cakey mask on my skin when I apply this foundation, and I cant stand it, I cant even blend it nicely even with my Beauty Blender. It also makes my face very oily and pale after few hours. The coverage is full almost cakey full if you don't contour it will make you look so pale and like you applied a ton of makeup on. ALso, it is very thick so be careful when taking some out

2 comments:

  1. Great review! Very informative :) I like that you picked foundations that are easily available for everyone and not too expensive.

    ReplyDelete

 
Images by Freepik